The 8 Most Important Things to Do, Involving SEO, When Launching a New Website
Are you getting ready to launch a new website? Here are some tips to help make sure your launch goes as smoothly as possible.
In a world where technology is constantly advancing, it’s no surprise that having a website is essential for businesses. Not only does a website provide an online presence for your company, but it also allows customers to easily access information about your products and services. Additionally, a website can help you reach new customers and grow your business.
Here are four reasons why businesses should launch a website:
1. A website provides an online presence for your company.
2. Customers can access information about your products and services online.
3. A website helps you reach new customers.
4. A website can help grow your business.
If you’re in need of a website launch, it’s important to consider SEO. SEO is an essential component of any successful marketing strategy. That’s why it’s critical to follow these tips when launching a new website in order to get the most out of your SEO efforts.
Choose a Straightforward and Practical Domain Name
When starting a business, it is important to choose a domain name that is both concise and effective. A domain name is the first impression potential customers will have of your company, so it is important to make sure it represents your brand well. There are many factors to consider when choosing a domain name, but in general, it should be short, easy to remember, and relevant to your business.1
When you have a complex product or offer, it can be difficult to choose a domain name that is concise and easily understood. For example, if your business is dedicated to helping consumers with their credit card debt, a simple domain name might be something like “getoutofdebt.com.”
However, too many words in the domain may confuse potential customers who are looking for help with their debt. In instances such as this, it is generally best to use just one word from the phrase that describes your company’s mission. Using this method will ensure that your website’s URL matches what people are searching for when they find you via search engines. This technique works well for businesses that sell products or services related to finances because financial terms often include one-word nouns, and is used solely as an example.2
As you begin thinking about potential domain names for your website, always remember that these names will ultimately be what people see when they search online, so it’s important to choose one that concisely describes what your website is all about. In addition, you will want to ensure that there are no other sites already using the same name. If another site has been registered under a similar URL, you would likely have difficulty finding your site in the search results. With the widespread use of the Internet, competition for names is bound to arise and domains with similar keywords can cause problems for your business when it comes time to market online.3
A website name that does not accurately describe your products or services may not give customers a clear sense of what you do or how you can help them, which ultimately hurts your brand and credibility in the eyes of your target audience.
Outline Your Site Structure and Architecture
If you’re like most online businesses, you’re always looking for ways to improve your website’s performance and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). One of the best ways to do this is by ensuring that your site’s structure and architecture are solid. In other words, make sure your website is easy to navigate and that the pages are properly linked together. This not only makes your site more user-friendly but also helps the search engines index your pages correctly.4
So how can you ensure that your website has a solid structure and architecture? Here are a few tips:
- Make sure all of your pages are linked together properly
- Use clear and concise titles for your pages
- Create an easily accessible sitemap
- Use anchors to create links within the site
Additionally, make sure all of your pages are linked together properly. Linking is an integral part of web design, and it’s necessary for any website to be successful. But did you know that not all links are created equal? In fact, there is a proper way to link from one page on your site to another, and it’s important to use this method in order for your site to benefit from effective internal linking.
Create Content Before Launch and Outline a Content Calendar for Future Content
If you’re like most entrepreneurs, you’re busy planning and preparing for your product launch. But have you given enough thought to creating content that will support and promote your launch? Developing a content marketing strategy can be key to a successful launch. Here are some tips on how to get started.5
When you’re ready for traffic, these tools will help make your site shine.
Creating outlines for future blog posts is essential to a successful content marketing campaign. This practice can help you stay on track and ensure that your content is well-planned and cohesive. Outlines also give you a road map for each post, so you know what topics to cover and how much content to produce.
Prioritize On-Site and Off-Site SEO for New Websites
Also known as external or link building, Off-Site SEO involves activities outside of your website that help improve search engine rankings. These activities include creating and sharing content on other websites (inbound links), participating in online communities (social media shares), and more. The goal is to drive traffic to your site by increasing your visibility in organic SERPs.
Creating high-quality content that’s relevant to the topics you want to rank for is an important part of any Off-Site SEO strategy.6 However, simply having lots of great articles without promoting them isn’t enough – you need visitors to see this content if you want it to be successful.
The bottom line is that no business can survive today without a website. Even businesses that don’t sell anything online need a website to provide information about their business, hours of operation, and more. However, simply having a website isn’t enough – you also need to optimize your site for search engines so that you can be found by potential customers. In addition, Off-Site SEO should also be part of your overall strategy in order to increase your reach and attract more visitors.
By prioritizing both On-Site and Off-Site SEO, you can help your business website rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) and get more visitors interested in what you have to offer.
Stay Up to Date on SEO Best Practices
As a business owner, you’re always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition. One of the best ways to do that is by staying up to date on SEO best practices. By following the latest trends and techniques, you can ensure that your website is always ranking high on search engine results pages. Here are a few tips to help you stay up to date on SEO best practices.
First, make sure that you’re familiar with the latest Google algorithm updates.7 Google makes frequent changes to its algorithms, so it’s important to know what those changes are and how they might affect your website. Another thing to keep in mind is the importance of link building. In order to rank high in search engine results, you need links from quality websites. So make sure that you are consistently building new links to your site.
Also, make sure you are handling user-generated content correctly. Make sure you have all of the appropriate guidelines in place for people who want to submit websites or articles to your content farm. If there are no submission guidelines, then people won’t submit high-quality content.
Another thing to consider is making sure that your website is mobile-friendly. More and more users are browsing the web on their smartphones, so it’s important that your website be compatible with mobile devices.
And finally, if you haven’t already done so, be sure to register at Google authorship. Doing this will help improve how much traffic comes from Google search results pages by having Google display information directly about your website’s content, like the author’s name and profile photo.
Learn About Tracking and Analytics Before Your Site Goes Live
It’s important to learn about tracking and analytics before your website goes live. This will help you to track your website’s performance and measure the success of your marketing campaigns. There are a number of different tracking and analytics tools available, so it’s important to select the one that is best suited to your needs. By understanding how these tools work, you can make better decisions about how to design and market your website.
Website analytics is best defined as the measurement, collection, and analysis of data relating to website usage. It’s a way of monitoring your site’s traffic and content so that you can understand who your users are, what they want, and how best to communicate with them.8 Web analytics tools enable you to track visits in terms of their source, including direct visits (i.e. the user typed the address into the address bar or bookmarked it) and referral visits (i.e. the user clicked on a link in an email or from another website).
In simple terms, web analytics is all about understanding how people use your web pages by measuring things like page views, paths through the site, bounce rates, site exit percentage, and conversion rate. It’s important to track website analytics because you can then determine how to increase customer acquisition, user satisfaction, and the average time spent on your site. Web analytics tools are essential for measuring ROI because they allow you to measure return on investment in advertising campaigns, affiliate programs, etc.
Master on-page SEO
On-page SEO is one of the most important aspects of a successful website. It is the practice of optimizing your website’s content and structure to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). By improving your on-page SEO, you can bring more traffic to your site, which can lead to increased brand awareness, leads, and sales.9
By mastering this practice, your website will have a better chance of being found on search engines for relevant keywords.
SEO Optimize your Landing Page
SEO is essential for online success. By optimizing your landing page with the proper keywords and phrases, you can increase your website’s visibility to potential customers. In addition, a well-optimized landing page can improve your conversion rate and help you achieve your business goals.
Landing pages are the pages your target audience sees when they click on a search result or paid ad. They either link to further sales material or gather information such as e-mail addresses and phone numbers.10
You can optimize your landing page by ensuring the following:
- Your page contains keywords and phrases that describe your product and service offerings. Your company’s name and tagline should also be included here, as well as any secondary or related keywords you might want to include.11
- The content of your landing page directly relates to where users came from (e.g., Facebook ads). If someone comes from Twitter, it should match the tweet he clicked, which should match the description in his bio. Also, make sure images are consistent. You can also use things like UTM parameters to measure your social media campaigns.
- You have a clear call-to-action (CTA) that lets visitors know what they should do next, such as “Sign up for a Free Trial” or “Download the White Paper.” This might be a button, text link, form, or banner.
- Give visitors a good reason to take the next step by showing how their life will be better after doing so, not just because it’s something you want them to do.
- Make sure your CTA is easy to find. This means putting it front-and-center on the page and testing out different locations, colors, sizes, and text copy to see what works best for conversions. Then test variations of that combination until you find one that beats your current results
There is no question that SEO is important for any business with a website. In order to compete in today’s online marketplace, it is essential to have a strong SEO strategy in place. Unfortunately, many business owners neglect this aspect of their online presence, which can lead to lower website traffic and lost revenue.
If you are launching a new website, it is critical to factor in SEO from the beginning to make sure your site is optimized for search engines. With the right approach, you can see great results from your SEO efforts and get your website off to a successful start.
iStock / Google Stock Images
Media Feed / Google Stock Images
Higher Education Marketing / Google Stock Images
Ship4Ship Blog / Google Stock Images
Business 2 Community / Google Stock Images
Everspark Interactive / Google Stock Images
Great Learning / Google Stock Images
1. “How to Choose a Domain Name: The Complete Guide (2021).” 10 Feb. 2021, https://seosherpa.com/domain-names/. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
2. “Why a Domain Name Is Important for Your Business – AllBusiness.com.” https://www.allbusiness.com/why-domain-names-are-so-important-681-1.html. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
3. “Why Having a Domain Name is Important | Domain.com | Blog.” https://www.domain.com/blog/why-a-domain-name/. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
4. “What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?.” https://searchengineland.com/guide/what-is-seo. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
5. “Developing a Content Marketing Strategy.” https://contentmarketinginstitute.com/developing-a-strategy/. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
6. “Off-Page SEO: What It Is & Why You Need It [+a Helpful Checklist].” 26 May. 2021, https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/off-page-seo. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
7. “Google Algorithm Updates & Changes: A Complete History.” https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-algorithm-history/. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
8. “Web Analytics – What you need to know to drive Digital Growth.” https://siteimprove.com/en-us/analytics/web-analytics/. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
9. “On-Page SEO: The Definitive Guide (2022) – Backlinko.” https://backlinko.com/on-page-seo. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.
10. “What is a Landing Page & Why is it Important?.” 16 Jul. 2020, https://www.wsiworld.com/blog/the-importance-of-landing-pages. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.11. “Landing page optimization.” https://www.optimizely.com/optimization-glossary/landing-page-optimization/. Accessed 25 Jan. 2022.